Built in 1969 by architects from Frank Lloyd Wright's School of Architecture, Taliesin West. The three-bedroom home includes polished concrete floors, redwood and pinewood details, and the original windows. $1,600,000. Joe Bushong, Russ Lyon Sotheby's International Realty, (602) 770-6733. Click through for a look at more modern desert homes. For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtors listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- The week's best photojournalism
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week