People run from the scene of a building collapse in Philadelphia. The building was under demolition, but gave way too early and collapsed, toppling over onto the Salvation Army thrift store next door. The tragic incident left 6 people dead and 14 injured, including a 61-year-old survivor who was pulled from the rubble more than 12 hours after the collapse. Click through for more of the week's most eye-catching images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
Subscribe to the Week