eople run from the scene of a building collapse in Philadelphia. The building was under demolition, but gave way too early and collapsed, toppling over onto the Salvation Army thrift store next door. The tragic incident left 6 people dead and 14 injured, including a 61-year-old survivor who was pulled from the rubble more than 12 hours after the collapse. Click through for more of the week's most eye-catching images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- When will the Big One strike California?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week