People run from the scene of a building collapse in Philadelphia. The building was under demolition, but gave way too early and collapsed, toppling over onto the Salvation Army thrift store next door. The tragic incident left 6 people dead and 14 injured, including a 61-year-old survivor who was pulled from the rubble more than 12 hours after the collapse. Click through for more of the week's most eye-catching images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Stop your unpatriotic fearmongering over ISIS
- Why the Rubio-Lee tax plan is great politics — and great policy
Subscribe to the Week