People run from the scene of a building collapse in Philadelphia. The building was under demolition, but gave way too early and collapsed, toppling over onto the Salvation Army thrift store next door. The tragic incident left 6 people dead and 14 injured, including a 61-year-old survivor who was pulled from the rubble more than 12 hours after the collapse. Click through for more of the week's most eye-catching images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
Subscribe to the Week