People run from the scene of a building collapse in Philadelphia. The building was under demolition, but gave way too early and collapsed, toppling over onto the Salvation Army thrift store next door. The tragic incident left 6 people dead and 14 injured, including a 61-year-old survivor who was pulled from the rubble more than 12 hours after the collapse. Click through for more of the week's most eye-catching images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Personal finance tips: A warmer, less-expensive winter, and more
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
Subscribe to the Week