People run from the scene of a building collapse in Philadelphia. The building was under demolition, but gave way too early and collapsed, toppling over onto the Salvation Army thrift store next door. The tragic incident left 6 people dead and 14 injured, including a 61-year-old survivor who was pulled from the rubble more than 12 hours after the collapse. Click through for more of the week's most eye-catching images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week