Yunte Huang is the award-winning author of Charlie Chan. He has taught at Harvard and Cornell, and is currently an English professor at the University of California, Santa Barbara. His articles have appeared in The New York Times, Boston Review, and Santa Barbara News-Press. Follow him on Twitter: @yunte.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
Subscribe to the Week