Yunte Huang is the award-winning author of Charlie Chan. He has taught at Harvard and Cornell, and is currently an English professor at the University of California, Santa Barbara. His articles have appeared in The New York Times, Boston Review, and Santa Barbara News-Press. Follow him on Twitter: @yunte.
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week