Yunte Huang is the award-winning author of Charlie Chan. He has taught at Harvard and Cornell, and is currently an English professor at the University of California, Santa Barbara. His articles have appeared in The New York Times, Boston Review, and Santa Barbara News-Press. Follow him on Twitter: @yunte.
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Paul Allen's 'bitter' Bill-Gates-bashing memoir
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
Subscribe to the Week