Yunte Huang is the award-winning author of Charlie Chan. He has taught at Harvard and Cornell, and is currently an English professor at the University of California, Santa Barbara. His articles have appeared in The New York Times, Boston Review, and Santa Barbara News-Press. Follow him on Twitter: @yunte.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week