Yunte Huang is the award-winning author of Charlie Chan. He has taught at Harvard and Cornell, and is currently an English professor at the University of California, Santa Barbara. His articles have appeared in The New York Times, Boston Review, and Santa Barbara News-Press. Follow him on Twitter: @yunte.
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
Subscribe to the Week