Yunte Huang is the award-winning author of Charlie Chan. He has taught at Harvard and Cornell, and is currently an English professor at the University of California, Santa Barbara. His articles have appeared in The New York Times, Boston Review, and Santa Barbara News-Press. Follow him on Twitter: @yunte.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
Subscribe to the Week