Yunte Huang is the award-winning author of Charlie Chan. He has taught at Harvard and Cornell, and is currently an English professor at the University of California, Santa Barbara. His articles have appeared in The New York Times, Boston Review, and Santa Barbara News-Press. Follow him on Twitter: @yunte.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The Black Death is back
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- The toughest question for 2016 Democratic presidential candidates
- Instagram might be ruining our memories. Here's why that's a good thing.
- 5 surprising snubs from the Golden Globe nominations
Subscribe to the Week