Yunte Huang is the award-winning author of Charlie Chan. He has taught at Harvard and Cornell, and is currently an English professor at the University of California, Santa Barbara. His articles have appeared in The New York Times, Boston Review, and Santa Barbara News-Press. Follow him on Twitter: @yunte.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we need a maximum wage
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week