Yunte Huang is the award-winning author of Charlie Chan. He has taught at Harvard and Cornell, and is currently an English professor at the University of California, Santa Barbara. His articles have appeared in The New York Times, Boston Review, and Santa Barbara News-Press. Follow him on Twitter: @yunte.
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week