Zay N. Smith
Zay N. Smith is a Chicago writer. Before starting the QT column he worked at the Chicago Sun-Times as a reporter, foreign correspondent and writer of major features. He has also worked as a bartender, having played a key role in the 1978 Mirage Tavern investigation, in which the newspaper operated an undercover bar to document the breaking of many laws by many officials.
The QT: The odds of Earth's destruction-by-asteroid, the Intelligent Designer's psychedelic spree, and moreBy Zay N. Smith | June 21, 2013
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
Subscribe to the Week