Zay N. Smith
Zay N. Smith is a Chicago writer. Before starting the QT column he worked at the Chicago Sun-Times as a reporter, foreign correspondent and writer of major features. He has also worked as a bartender, having played a key role in the 1978 Mirage Tavern investigation, in which the newspaper operated an undercover bar to document the breaking of many laws by many officials.
The QT: The odds of Earth's destruction-by-asteroid, the Intelligent Designer's psychedelic spree, and moreBy Zay N. Smith | June 21, 2013
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
Subscribe to the Week