Zay N. Smith
Zay N. Smith is a Chicago writer. Before starting the QT column he worked at the Chicago Sun-Times as a reporter, foreign correspondent and writer of major features. He has also worked as a bartender, having played a key role in the 1978 Mirage Tavern investigation, in which the newspaper operated an undercover bar to document the breaking of many laws by many officials.
The QT: The odds of Earth's destruction-by-asteroid, the Intelligent Designer's psychedelic spree, and moreBy Zay N. Smith | June 21, 2013
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week