Zay N. Smith
Zay N. Smith is a Chicago writer. Before starting the QT column he worked at the Chicago Sun-Times as a reporter, foreign correspondent and writer of major features. He has also worked as a bartender, having played a key role in the 1978 Mirage Tavern investigation, in which the newspaper operated an undercover bar to document the breaking of many laws by many officials.
The QT: The odds of Earth's destruction-by-asteroid, the Intelligent Designer's psychedelic spree, and moreBy Zay N. Smith | June 21, 2013
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be charismatic, according to science
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Why insects are the future of food
Subscribe to the Week