Zay N. Smith
Zay N. Smith is a Chicago writer. Before starting the QT column he worked at the Chicago Sun-Times as a reporter, foreign correspondent and writer of major features. He has also worked as a bartender, having played a key role in the 1978 Mirage Tavern investigation, in which the newspaper operated an undercover bar to document the breaking of many laws by many officials.
The QT: The odds of Earth's destruction-by-asteroid, the Intelligent Designer's psychedelic spree, and moreBy Zay N. Smith | June 21, 2013
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- How collaborative innovation led to the experimental serum for Ebola
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week