But there sure are a lot of bad ones.
Daniel Larison has a Ph.D. in history and is a contributing editor at The American Conservative. He also writes on the blog Eunomia.
And somehow, this worldview still prevails among GOP leaders
The Democratic defections that conservatives coveted never materialized. And now many Republicans look like reflexively, dangerously aggressive people
Expect a less militarized approach to America's dealings with the rest of the world
Enough with the reckless, tone-deaf warmongering. Conservatives ought to start listening to realists like Rand Paul and Jon Huntsman
Many second-term presidents turn to foreign policy if they're viewed as lame ducks domestically. But don't expect Obama to go off starting wars
Obama has made some big international mistakes, but Romney seems incapable of honestly critiquing them
Obama and Romney rarely offer detailed solutions to the world's political, economic, and military problems. That leaves us scrutinizing each party's platform for clues
Foreign policy likely won't decide the election in November — unless perhaps voters learn just how aligned Ryan's world views are with those of George W. Bush
In the Republican's view, the EU is packed with socialist boondoggles that Obama foolishly wants to emulate. Mitt is about to get a major wake-up call
The Kentucky senator is supposed to inherit his father's libertarian mantle. Instead, he seems to be endorsing a return to Bush-era recklessness
An international summit in Chicago produces few results. But that's better than NATO endorsing a boneheaded intervention in Syria
Russia's strong-willed leader is back for a third term as president. And as long as Mitt Romney cools the "number one geopolitical foe" talk, we'll be just fine
The American quest to spread freedom to autocrat-ruled nations is widely popular among foreign policy wonks. Too bad it doesn't work
After the West's much-ballyhood intervention, Libya is dominated by a complex tangle of violent militias — and the chaos is spilling into neighboring countries
- The last word: He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The last telegram ever is about to be sent
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
- How typeface influences the way we read and think
- Michael Hastings, remembered
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- What's keeping the Oakland Athletics from moving to San Jose?
- New Snowden leak: NSA, Britain's GCHQ, eavesdropped on foreign leaders
- How immigration reform could save taxpayers nearly $1 trillion
- 5 takeaways from Obama's sit-down with Charlie Rose