They are both important. But they don't always coexist nicely
An award-winning member of the White House press corps, Paul Brandus founded WestWingReports.com (@WestWingReport) and provides reports for media outlets around the United States and overseas. His career spans network television, Wall Street and several years as a foreign correspondent based in Moscow, where he covered the collapse of the Soviet Union for NBC Radio and the award-winning business and economics program Marketplace. He has traveled to 53 countries on five continents and has reported from, among other places Iraq, Chechnya, China and Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
For starters: Beer is really an awful thing to drink. Costs too much, tastes lousy, and makes you fat.
Proponents claim it will bring down gas prices, create jobs, and preserve national security. Not so fast...
No wonder the nation is disillusioned with its lawmakers.
And conservative critics who say he is are proving they have very-short, very-partisan memories
Thanks to a bombshell report from ABC News, GOP accusations that the White House politicized a tragedy no longer seem so unsubstantiated
The president still thinks he can win over his GOP opponents. He couldn't be more wrong.
But in the past, they certainly have been
On Boston, Obama rightly stayed on the sidelines. On gun control, that same strategy proved foolhardy
Monday's tragic bombings were undeniably a terrorist attack. Now, let's learn from our post-9/11 mistakes
The gun-rights lobby shamelessly continues to peddle piles and piles of big fat lies
Ambiguity has no place here; clarity, conviction, and a stealth bomber or two — that's the way to go
The mission, muddy as it was, remains unaccomplished
The swiftest cure for arrogance is a drop in the polls
Surprise! With the sequester, our lawmakers have once again manufactured a totally unnecessary and very harmful crisis
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
- The last word: He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The last telegram ever is about to be sent
- How typeface influences the way we read and think
- Michael Hastings, remembered
- What's keeping the Oakland Athletics from moving to San Jose?
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- New Snowden leak: NSA, Britain's GCHQ, eavesdropped on foreign leaders
- How immigration reform could save taxpayers nearly $1 trillion
- 5 takeaways from Obama's sit-down with Charlie Rose