"The Macintosh uses an experimental pointing device called a 'mouse.' There is no evidence that people want to use these things."
—John C. Dvorak, technology writer for the San Francisco Examiner, 1984
SUGGEST A BAD OPINION
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
Subscribe to the Week