- Look at this February 28
Hey, look! It's an awkwardly endearing photo of three men trying to squeeze into the smartphone camera lens.
Of course, those aren't just any three men. That's Bill Nye (as in "The Science Guy") on the left, President Obama, and astrophysicist/author/all around genius Neil deGrasse Tyson on the right.
The science aficionados were attending the first-ever White House Film Fest, created for K-12 students, Friday. Between screenings for the 16 short films, the threesome managed to squeeze in a little candid-camera time as well. And aren't we all the better for it.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week