- Numbers don't lie March 1
Berkshire Hathaway reported record profits for 2013 in its annual report released on Saturday. The investing conglomerate of Warren Buffett turned in $19.5 billion in 2013, far more than the $14.8 billion recorded in 2012.
The "Oracle of Omaha" touted American companies in his annual letter to shareholders: "The dynamism embedded in our market economy will continue to work its magic," he wrote. "America's best days lie ahead."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
Subscribe to the Week