- Numbers don't lie March 1
Berkshire Hathaway reported record profits for 2013 in its annual report released on Saturday. The investing conglomerate of Warren Buffett turned in $19.5 billion in 2013, far more than the $14.8 billion recorded in 2012.
The "Oracle of Omaha" touted American companies in his annual letter to shareholders: "The dynamism embedded in our market economy will continue to work its magic," he wrote. "America's best days lie ahead."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week