- Numbers don't lie March 1
Berkshire Hathaway reported record profits for 2013 in its annual report released on Saturday. The investing conglomerate of Warren Buffett turned in $19.5 billion in 2013, far more than the $14.8 billion recorded in 2012.
The "Oracle of Omaha" touted American companies in his annual letter to shareholders: "The dynamism embedded in our market economy will continue to work its magic," he wrote. "America's best days lie ahead."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week