- Numbers don't lie March 1
Berkshire Hathaway reported record profits for 2013 in its annual report released on Saturday. The investing conglomerate of Warren Buffett turned in $19.5 billion in 2013, far more than the $14.8 billion recorded in 2012.
The "Oracle of Omaha" touted American companies in his annual letter to shareholders: "The dynamism embedded in our market economy will continue to work its magic," he wrote. "America's best days lie ahead."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to deep fry a turkey
- How to stop Black Thursday — and still score that big screen
Subscribe to the Week