- Numbers don't lie March 1
Berkshire Hathaway reported record profits for 2013 in its annual report released on Saturday. The investing conglomerate of Warren Buffett turned in $19.5 billion in 2013, far more than the $14.8 billion recorded in 2012.
The "Oracle of Omaha" touted American companies in his annual letter to shareholders: "The dynamism embedded in our market economy will continue to work its magic," he wrote. "America's best days lie ahead."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 12 holiday gifts for the hardest-to-shop-for people on your list
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week