- This is a big deal March 2
Ukraine mobilized its full military on Sunday, raising the possibility of an armed conflict between itself and Russia one day after Russia's parliament unanimously voted to deploy troops to Crimea. Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk accused Russia of trying to instigate a war, and called on the world for assistance. "We are on the brink of disaster," he said. "There was no reason for the Russian Federation to invade Ukraine."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week