- This is a big deal March 2
Ukraine mobilized its full military on Sunday, raising the possibility of an armed conflict between itself and Russia one day after Russia's parliament unanimously voted to deploy troops to Crimea. Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk accused Russia of trying to instigate a war, and called on the world for assistance. "We are on the brink of disaster," he said. "There was no reason for the Russian Federation to invade Ukraine."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week