- This is a big deal March 2
Ukraine mobilized its full military on Sunday, raising the possibility of an armed conflict between itself and Russia one day after Russia's parliament unanimously voted to deploy troops to Crimea. Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk accused Russia of trying to instigate a war, and called on the world for assistance. "We are on the brink of disaster," he said. "There was no reason for the Russian Federation to invade Ukraine."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Tony Blair: The Cassandra of the Middle East
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week