- Bummer March 2
LeBron James last week looked like something of a real life superhero when he donned a black carbon-fiber mask for a game against the New York Knicks. But the league, perhaps believing James was too dang spooky in his Batman-esque getup, asked that the Miami Heat forward opt for a more conventional clear protective mask in the future. On Saturday, James complied.
"It's not a league rule, but it's a league request," James said. "I didn't agree with their reasons, but I'll do it."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- California's epic drought
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- How to develop and defend smart opinions
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week