- Bummer March 2
LeBron James last week looked like something of a real life superhero when he donned a black carbon-fiber mask for a game against the New York Knicks. But the league, perhaps believing James was too dang spooky in his Batman-esque getup, asked that the Miami Heat forward opt for a more conventional clear protective mask in the future. On Saturday, James complied.
"It's not a league rule, but it's a league request," James said. "I didn't agree with their reasons, but I'll do it."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week