- Bummer March 2
LeBron James last week looked like something of a real life superhero when he donned a black carbon-fiber mask for a game against the New York Knicks. But the league, perhaps believing James was too dang spooky in his Batman-esque getup, asked that the Miami Heat forward opt for a more conventional clear protective mask in the future. On Saturday, James complied.
"It's not a league rule, but it's a league request," James said. "I didn't agree with their reasons, but I'll do it."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
Subscribe to the Week