- Bummer March 2
LeBron James last week looked like something of a real life superhero when he donned a black carbon-fiber mask for a game against the New York Knicks. But the league, perhaps believing James was too dang spooky in his Batman-esque getup, asked that the Miami Heat forward opt for a more conventional clear protective mask in the future. On Saturday, James complied.
"It's not a league rule, but it's a league request," James said. "I didn't agree with their reasons, but I'll do it."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week