- Bummer March 2
LeBron James last week looked like something of a real life superhero when he donned a black carbon-fiber mask for a game against the New York Knicks. But the league, perhaps believing James was too dang spooky in his Batman-esque getup, asked that the Miami Heat forward opt for a more conventional clear protective mask in the future. On Saturday, James complied.
"It's not a league rule, but it's a league request," James said. "I didn't agree with their reasons, but I'll do it."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week