- Second Acts March 2
Taking a little vacation from all the scandals and spectacles dogging him back home in Canada, Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is going to the Oscars. No, Ford won't be accepting a Best Actor award for his repeated denials last year that he'd been caught on tape smoking crack cocaine — he later admitted to the offense — but will instead be hanging out in the audience thanks to a little help from talk show host Jimmy Kimmel.
"I am going to the Oscars," Ford, who will be a guest on Kimmel's show Monday, told the Toronto Sun. "It's going to be fun."
Kimmel, dressed as a chauffeur, met Ford at the airport and agreed to show him the city. And judging by Ford's tweets, he seems to be enjoying his stay stateside so far.
Just finished my morning workout, heading to Hollywood Blvd today pic.twitter.com/pj42eoPzrw— Mayor Rob Ford (@TOMayorFord) March 2, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 17, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
Subscribe to the Week