- Second Acts March 2
Taking a little vacation from all the scandals and spectacles dogging him back home in Canada, Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is going to the Oscars. No, Ford won't be accepting a Best Actor award for his repeated denials last year that he'd been caught on tape smoking crack cocaine — he later admitted to the offense — but will instead be hanging out in the audience thanks to a little help from talk show host Jimmy Kimmel.
"I am going to the Oscars," Ford, who will be a guest on Kimmel's show Monday, told the Toronto Sun. "It's going to be fun."
Kimmel, dressed as a chauffeur, met Ford at the airport and agreed to show him the city. And judging by Ford's tweets, he seems to be enjoying his stay stateside so far.
Just finished my morning workout, heading to Hollywood Blvd today pic.twitter.com/pj42eoPzrw— Mayor Rob Ford (@TOMayorFord) March 2, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week