- This just in March 2
Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Ukraine on Tuesday to meet with the nation's leaders and offer the United States' support in the escalating conflict with Russia. The announcement came hours after Kerry, appearing on the Sunday talk shows, warned Russia to withdraw its troops or face consequences, sanctions, and a potential ouster from the G-8 superpowers. "It is really a stunning, willful choice by President Putin to invade another country," Kerry said. "You just don't in the 21st century behave in 19th century fashion by invading another country on completely trumped up pretext."
Kerry was scheduled to visit Lebanon early this week, but will now instead head to Kiev.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week