- The Oscars March 2
The first award of the Oscars went to Jared Leto for playing Rayon, an HIV-positive transgendered woman, in Dallas Buyers Club. In an emotional speech, Leto dedicated the award to "the 36 million people who have lost the battle to AIDS." He also slipped in a plug for his rock band, 30 Seconds to Mars.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week