- The Oscars March 2
"It doesn’t escape me for one moment that so much joy in my life is due to so much pain in someone else's."
An emotional Lupita Nyong'o graciously accepted the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for playing Patsey in 12 Years a Slave. Nyong'o also praised director Steve McQueen for working so hard to translate Solomon Northup's 1853 memoir to film: "I'm certain that the dead are standing around you, and they are grateful. And so am I."- - Laura Prudom
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
Subscribe to the Week