- The Oscars March 2
At the 86th annual Academy Awards, the Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar went to John Ridley for his adaptation of Solomon Northup's 1853 memoir 12 Years a Slave; the Best Original Screenplay Oscar went to writer-director Spike Jonze for Her. In his acceptance speech, Jonze described why his futuristic love story resonated with audiences: "It's messy, and that's what we all share."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Ban PowerPoint!
Subscribe to the Week