- The Oscars March 2
At the 86th annual Academy Awards, the Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar went to John Ridley for his adaptation of Solomon Northup's 1853 memoir 12 Years a Slave; the Best Original Screenplay Oscar went to writer-director Spike Jonze for Her. In his acceptance speech, Jonze described why his futuristic love story resonated with audiences: "It's messy, and that's what we all share."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- All the diseases you should worry about at least as much as Ebola
Subscribe to the Week