- The Oscars March 2
Alfonso Cuarón just won the Best Director Oscar for helming the gripping space drama Gravity.
"For many of us involved in this film, it was definitely a transformative experience. For many, that transformation was wisdom. For me it was just the color of my hair," he joked in his acceptance speech. He went on to praise the performance of star Sandra Bullock: "Sandy, you're Gravity, you're the soul, the heart of the film, an amazing collaborator, and one of the best people I've ever met."- - Laura Prudom
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week