- The Oscars March 2
Blue Jasmine star Cate Blanchett just won the Best Actress Oscar for her starring role in Woody Allen's Blue Jasmine. "As random and subjective as this award is, it means a great deal in a year of exceptional performances by women," Blanchett said, before praising her fellow nominees Amy Adams, Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, and Judi Dench.
Blanchett went on to thank director Woody Allen — who remains embroiled in a controversy over molestation allegations — to the uneasy applause of the audience.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week