- The Oscars March 2
Blue Jasmine star Cate Blanchett just won the Best Actress Oscar for her starring role in Woody Allen's Blue Jasmine. "As random and subjective as this award is, it means a great deal in a year of exceptional performances by women," Blanchett said, before praising her fellow nominees Amy Adams, Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, and Judi Dench.
Blanchett went on to thank director Woody Allen — who remains embroiled in a controversy over molestation allegations — to the uneasy applause of the audience.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week