- The Oscars March 2
Blue Jasmine star Cate Blanchett just won the Best Actress Oscar for her starring role in Woody Allen's Blue Jasmine. "As random and subjective as this award is, it means a great deal in a year of exceptional performances by women," Blanchett said, before praising her fellow nominees Amy Adams, Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, and Judi Dench.
Blanchett went on to thank director Woody Allen — who remains embroiled in a controversy over molestation allegations — to the uneasy applause of the audience.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- 3 key insights about Obama from Chuck Todd's The Stranger
- How to develop a photographic memory in 4 easy steps
Subscribe to the Week