- The Oscars March 2
Matthew McConaughey won the Best Actor Oscar for his powerhouse performance as H.I.V.-positive rodeo cowboy Ron Woodroof in Dallas Buyers Club.
Of his fellow nominees, McConaughey said, "All these performances were impeccable, in my opinion. I didn't see a false note anywhere."
He finished his sincere and emotional speech with a trademark "alright, alright, alright," and still managed to get in a suitably philosophical soundbite: "It's a scientific fact that gratitude reciprocates." The McConaissance continues.- - Laura Prudom
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The warm glow of certainty
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week