- Fresh Gear March 3
The U.S. Soccer team today unveiled the home kits they'll wear for the upcoming World Cup, and the uniforms are, in a word, boring. In a few more words, they're bland, blank, and uninspired, reminiscent of what you'd see on any random pack of suburban dads out playing the back nine on a quiet weekend.
How excited are the players to wear their new unis? "The cut of the women's kit fits well and is comfortable," said USWNT forward Alex Morgan. "I don't have to think about the uniform and can focus on the game at hand."
She has a point. Sometimes, it's important to not be distracted by flashy uniforms. If only someone had told that to the 1994 U.S. team. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 22, 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Don't change a thing: 8 inventions that never needed updating
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week