- Fresh Gear March 3
The U.S. Soccer team today unveiled the home kits they'll wear for the upcoming World Cup, and the uniforms are, in a word, boring. In a few more words, they're bland, blank, and uninspired, reminiscent of what you'd see on any random pack of suburban dads out playing the back nine on a quiet weekend.
How excited are the players to wear their new unis? "The cut of the women's kit fits well and is comfortable," said USWNT forward Alex Morgan. "I don't have to think about the uniform and can focus on the game at hand."
She has a point. Sometimes, it's important to not be distracted by flashy uniforms. If only someone had told that to the 1994 U.S. team. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 7 common estate-planning mistakes
- 10 ways to gain real superpowers that will change your life
Subscribe to the Week