- Fresh Gear March 3
The U.S. Soccer team today unveiled the home kits they'll wear for the upcoming World Cup, and the uniforms are, in a word, boring. In a few more words, they're bland, blank, and uninspired, reminiscent of what you'd see on any random pack of suburban dads out playing the back nine on a quiet weekend.
How excited are the players to wear their new unis? "The cut of the women's kit fits well and is comfortable," said USWNT forward Alex Morgan. "I don't have to think about the uniform and can focus on the game at hand."
She has a point. Sometimes, it's important to not be distracted by flashy uniforms. If only someone had told that to the 1994 U.S. team. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week