- Fresh Gear March 3
The U.S. Soccer team today unveiled the home kits they'll wear for the upcoming World Cup, and the uniforms are, in a word, boring. In a few more words, they're bland, blank, and uninspired, reminiscent of what you'd see on any random pack of suburban dads out playing the back nine on a quiet weekend.
How excited are the players to wear their new unis? "The cut of the women's kit fits well and is comfortable," said USWNT forward Alex Morgan. "I don't have to think about the uniform and can focus on the game at hand."
She has a point. Sometimes, it's important to not be distracted by flashy uniforms. If only someone had told that to the 1994 U.S. team. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week