- The internet never forgets March 3
Just think, only $44,100 separated you from Pharrell Williams' huge hat. That's how much roast beef outpost Arby's paid for the outlandish Vivienne Westwood accessory at an eBay auction Sunday. The company (or a quick-thinking social media editor) first inquired about the now-iconic hat — which looks pretty similar to the restaurant's logo — when Pharrell debuted it at this year's Grammy Awards.
Then, Arby's tweeted last night that they're officially the new owners of the hat. The proceeds will reportedly go to From One Hand to Another, a musically-themed nonprofit organization. We're just curious to see how they're going to ship that thing. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 7 common estate-planning mistakes
Subscribe to the Week