- The internet never forgets March 3
Just think, only $44,100 separated you from Pharrell Williams' huge hat. That's how much roast beef outpost Arby's paid for the outlandish Vivienne Westwood accessory at an eBay auction Sunday. The company (or a quick-thinking social media editor) first inquired about the now-iconic hat — which looks pretty similar to the restaurant's logo — when Pharrell debuted it at this year's Grammy Awards.
Then, Arby's tweeted last night that they're officially the new owners of the hat. The proceeds will reportedly go to From One Hand to Another, a musically-themed nonprofit organization. We're just curious to see how they're going to ship that thing. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Breaking Bad: How Walter White became each of his enemies
Subscribe to the Week