- The internet never forgets March 3
Just think, only $44,100 separated you from Pharrell Williams' huge hat. That's how much roast beef outpost Arby's paid for the outlandish Vivienne Westwood accessory at an eBay auction Sunday. The company (or a quick-thinking social media editor) first inquired about the now-iconic hat — which looks pretty similar to the restaurant's logo — when Pharrell debuted it at this year's Grammy Awards.
Then, Arby's tweeted last night that they're officially the new owners of the hat. The proceeds will reportedly go to From One Hand to Another, a musically-themed nonprofit organization. We're just curious to see how they're going to ship that thing. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Why colleges' insistence on 'diversity' actually fails disadvantaged kids
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week