- The internet never forgets March 3
Just think, only $44,100 separated you from Pharrell Williams' huge hat. That's how much roast beef outpost Arby's paid for the outlandish Vivienne Westwood accessory at an eBay auction Sunday. The company (or a quick-thinking social media editor) first inquired about the now-iconic hat — which looks pretty similar to the restaurant's logo — when Pharrell debuted it at this year's Grammy Awards.
Then, Arby's tweeted last night that they're officially the new owners of the hat. The proceeds will reportedly go to From One Hand to Another, a musically-themed nonprofit organization. We're just curious to see how they're going to ship that thing. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week