- The internet never forgets March 3
Just think, only $44,100 separated you from Pharrell Williams' huge hat. That's how much roast beef outpost Arby's paid for the outlandish Vivienne Westwood accessory at an eBay auction Sunday. The company (or a quick-thinking social media editor) first inquired about the now-iconic hat — which looks pretty similar to the restaurant's logo — when Pharrell debuted it at this year's Grammy Awards.
Then, Arby's tweeted last night that they're officially the new owners of the hat. The proceeds will reportedly go to From One Hand to Another, a musically-themed nonprofit organization. We're just curious to see how they're going to ship that thing. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week