- Nature's Nightmares March 3
In a video that could double as an insane creature feature on SyFy, a water python in Queensland, Australia, was caught on camera battling a crocodile. The five-hour struggle ended with the 10-foot snake killing the crocodile and swallowing it whole. "It was amazing," witness Tiffany Corlis told the BBC. "We saw the snake fighting with the crocodile — it would roll the crocodile around to get a better grip, and coil its body around the crocodile's legs to hold it tight."
Corlis said it took the snake about 15 minutes to chow down on the croc after the battle, and the snake was "definitely very full" when it finished. Since the giant reptiles typically take about three weeks to fully digest large prey, it's safe to say the snake probably won't go hungry for awhile. --Samantha Rollins
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week