- Nature's Nightmares March 3
In a video that could double as an insane creature feature on SyFy, a water python in Queensland, Australia, was caught on camera battling a crocodile. The five-hour struggle ended with the 10-foot snake killing the crocodile and swallowing it whole. "It was amazing," witness Tiffany Corlis told the BBC. "We saw the snake fighting with the crocodile — it would roll the crocodile around to get a better grip, and coil its body around the crocodile's legs to hold it tight."
Corlis said it took the snake about 15 minutes to chow down on the croc after the battle, and the snake was "definitely very full" when it finished. Since the giant reptiles typically take about three weeks to fully digest large prey, it's safe to say the snake probably won't go hungry for awhile. --Samantha Rollins
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week