- Foreign affairs March 3
The White House announced today that Michelle Obama will travel to two cities in China (Beijing and Chengdu) in late March. The first lady will visit cultural and historical landmarks and promote her education initiatives by visiting high schools and universities in the cities.
The first lady's daughters, Sasha and Malia, as well as Mrs. Obama's mother, Marian Robinson, will join her on the trip. This is the third time in recent years that Mrs. Obama has traveled without her husband. In 2010, she went to Haiti to survey damage following a devastating earthquake, and in 2011, Mrs. Obama visited Botswana and South Africa to promote youth leadership.
Those interested can request updates on the trip and follow along on social media.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
Subscribe to the Week