- Watch this March 4
It's time for Rob Ford to head back to Canada, because he needs some ice for that burn. The Toronto mayor — who at this point could dress up as a Mountie and rob a Tim Horton's with fellow Canadian-behaving-badly Justin Bieber and no one would be surprised — appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live Monday night, where the late-night host used beyond-embarrassing pictures to compare him to L.A.'s genial (and photogenic) mayor, Eric Garcetti. "Can you talk to him?" Kimmel pleaded to Ford. "Because enough already." To add insult to injury, throughout the whole show Ford was redder than a maple leaf and sweating so much that Kimmel kept offering to wipe him down. He seemed to take it all in stride, though; after the show, Ford told the Toronto Sun that "there were some tough questions but it was fun. I had a blast." --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week