- Boring But Important March 4
The only things certain in life are death, taxes, and the fact that President Obama will never present a budget plan that Republicans like. He'll try again today when he proposes changing the tax code to expand or enshrine certain credits directed at college students, families with small children, and the working poor. According to the White House, 13.5 million Americans would receive a tax cut under the plan, which also includes calling for the elimination of a loophole that allows some wealthier Americans to avoid some payroll taxes on earnings.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- Head to head: Wild vs. supermarket turkeys
Subscribe to the Week