- Boring But Important March 4
The only things certain in life are death, taxes, and the fact that President Obama will never present a budget plan that Republicans like. He'll try again today when he proposes changing the tax code to expand or enshrine certain credits directed at college students, families with small children, and the working poor. According to the White House, 13.5 million Americans would receive a tax cut under the plan, which also includes calling for the elimination of a loophole that allows some wealthier Americans to avoid some payroll taxes on earnings.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Why we gossip, according to science
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
Subscribe to the Week