- Boring But Important March 4
The only things certain in life are death, taxes, and the fact that President Obama will never present a budget plan that Republicans like. He'll try again today when he proposes changing the tax code to expand or enshrine certain credits directed at college students, families with small children, and the working poor. According to the White House, 13.5 million Americans would receive a tax cut under the plan, which also includes calling for the elimination of a loophole that allows some wealthier Americans to avoid some payroll taxes on earnings.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
Subscribe to the Week