- Oops March 4
In his weekly address, Pope Francis made a bit of a slip-up, mispronouncing the Italian word for "case" (caso) with the much more vulgar cazzo, which literally refers to male genitalia but is used by Italians in the same way Americans deploy the F-word. This somehow would have been a funnier mistake if it had come from the shy, scholarly Pope Benedict XVI. From the "people's pope"? It will just add to his legend. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week