- Oops March 4
In his weekly address, Pope Francis made a bit of a slip-up, mispronouncing the Italian word for "case" (caso) with the much more vulgar cazzo, which literally refers to male genitalia but is used by Italians in the same way Americans deploy the F-word. This somehow would have been a funnier mistake if it had come from the shy, scholarly Pope Benedict XVI. From the "people's pope"? It will just add to his legend. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week