- Oops March 4
In his weekly address, Pope Francis made a bit of a slip-up, mispronouncing the Italian word for "case" (caso) with the much more vulgar cazzo, which literally refers to male genitalia but is used by Italians in the same way Americans deploy the F-word. This somehow would have been a funnier mistake if it had come from the shy, scholarly Pope Benedict XVI. From the "people's pope"? It will just add to his legend. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
Subscribe to the Week