- Noted March 4
Edward Snowden is making an appearance at next week's South By Southwest Interactive event. The festival announced today that the international man of mystery will join former Guardian journalist Glenn Greenwald and American Civil Liberties Union's chief technologist Christopher Soghoian on a panel about technology and the culture of surveillance.
Since Snowden is smart enough to avoid Austin, Texas during the seemingly never-ending event, he will appear via video. An ACLU press release notes this is his "first conversation in front of an audience since his disclosures began making global headlines last year." The panel is scheduled for Monday, March 10.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 soldiers welcomed home by very happy dogs
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week