- Noted March 4
Edward Snowden is making an appearance at next week's South By Southwest Interactive event. The festival announced today that the international man of mystery will join former Guardian journalist Glenn Greenwald and American Civil Liberties Union's chief technologist Christopher Soghoian on a panel about technology and the culture of surveillance.
Since Snowden is smart enough to avoid Austin, Texas during the seemingly never-ending event, he will appear via video. An ACLU press release notes this is his "first conversation in front of an audience since his disclosures began making global headlines last year." The panel is scheduled for Monday, March 10.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week