- Noted March 4
Edward Snowden is making an appearance at next week's South By Southwest Interactive event. The festival announced today that the international man of mystery will join former Guardian journalist Glenn Greenwald and American Civil Liberties Union's chief technologist Christopher Soghoian on a panel about technology and the culture of surveillance.
Since Snowden is smart enough to avoid Austin, Texas during the seemingly never-ending event, he will appear via video. An ACLU press release notes this is his "first conversation in front of an audience since his disclosures began making global headlines last year." The panel is scheduled for Monday, March 10.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Rise of the machines
- Ban PowerPoint!
Subscribe to the Week