- Noted March 4
Edward Snowden is making an appearance at next week's South By Southwest Interactive event. The festival announced today that the international man of mystery will join former Guardian journalist Glenn Greenwald and American Civil Liberties Union's chief technologist Christopher Soghoian on a panel about technology and the culture of surveillance.
Since Snowden is smart enough to avoid Austin, Texas during the seemingly never-ending event, he will appear via video. An ACLU press release notes this is his "first conversation in front of an audience since his disclosures began making global headlines last year." The panel is scheduled for Monday, March 10.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
Subscribe to the Week