- Watch this March 4
"I'm his biggest fan, and I fired him." - Sarah Silverman on Community creator Dan Harmon.
Harmontown — an upcoming documentary about the mercurial Community creator — promises a behind-the-scenes look at what happened immediately after Harmon was fired as showrunner on the NBC sitcom. "He didn't want to go to therapy, and he needed an avenue to vent," confides a friend — so he took his podcast Harmontown on the road, performing a series of eclectic shows for his small but rapturous cult of fans.
Of course, Community fans already know the happy ending of this story: After a poorly received fourth season, NBC rehired Harmon to revitalize Community for its resurgent (and ongoing) fifth season. But will this documentary offer genuine insight into Harmon's creative process, or will it merely serve as a chronicle of his riches-to-rags-to-riches story? Fans can found out when Harmontown premieres at South by Southwest on March 8. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week