- Watch this March 4
"I'm his biggest fan, and I fired him." - Sarah Silverman on Community creator Dan Harmon.
Harmontown — an upcoming documentary about the mercurial Community creator — promises a behind-the-scenes look at what happened immediately after Harmon was fired as showrunner on the NBC sitcom. "He didn't want to go to therapy, and he needed an avenue to vent," confides a friend — so he took his podcast Harmontown on the road, performing a series of eclectic shows for his small but rapturous cult of fans.
Of course, Community fans already know the happy ending of this story: After a poorly received fourth season, NBC rehired Harmon to revitalize Community for its resurgent (and ongoing) fifth season. But will this documentary offer genuine insight into Harmon's creative process, or will it merely serve as a chronicle of his riches-to-rags-to-riches story? Fans can found out when Harmontown premieres at South by Southwest on March 8. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week