- Watch this March 4
"I'm his biggest fan, and I fired him." - Sarah Silverman on Community creator Dan Harmon.
Harmontown — an upcoming documentary about the mercurial Community creator — promises a behind-the-scenes look at what happened immediately after Harmon was fired as showrunner on the NBC sitcom. "He didn't want to go to therapy, and he needed an avenue to vent," confides a friend — so he took his podcast Harmontown on the road, performing a series of eclectic shows for his small but rapturous cult of fans.
Of course, Community fans already know the happy ending of this story: After a poorly received fourth season, NBC rehired Harmon to revitalize Community for its resurgent (and ongoing) fifth season. But will this documentary offer genuine insight into Harmon's creative process, or will it merely serve as a chronicle of his riches-to-rags-to-riches story? Fans can found out when Harmontown premieres at South by Southwest on March 8. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The GOP's best response to Obama's immigration move: Toothless griping
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
Subscribe to the Week