- Foreign affairs March 4
Days after sending troops into Crimea and stoking fears of a possible armed conflict over the sovereignty of Ukraine, the Russian military on Tuesday confirmed it had test-fired an intercontinental ballistic missile called the Topol RS-12M. Russia said the missile, which can carry a nuclear warhead, successfully hit its target in Kazakhstan.
The test was pre-planned, though the timing — coming as U.S. officials denounced Russia's military incursion and warned it to pull back its troops — was rather unfortunate.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week