- Quotables March 4
It's been almost two days since John Travolta inexplicably introduced Frozen star Idina Menzel as "Adele Dazeem" during the 86th annual Academy Awards, but the flub has gone through the usual cycles, including a parody Twitter account and a "Travoltafy Yourself" name generator. What we didn't know, until today, was how Travolta would explain the bizarre mistake. Thanks to the Los Angeles Times' Amy Kaufman, we now have the answer:
John Travolta's #AdeleDazeem statement: "I've been beating myself up all day. Then I thought...what would Idina Menzel say..." (1/2)— Amy Kaufman (@AmyKinLA) March 4, 2014
"She'd say, Let it go, let it go! Idina is incredibly talented and I am so happy Frozen took home two Oscars Sunday night!'" (2/2)— Amy Kaufman (@AmyKinLA) March 4, 2014
So yeah, that clears everything right up.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week