- Late Night Antics March 5
Since the election of President Obama, conservatives have been arguing that racism isn't a real problem in America anymore. On Tuesday night's Daily Show, correspondent Jessica Williams celebrated the end of racism... until she learned that police dogs are biting blacks and Latinos at far higher rates than whites. So she spoke with professional dog trainer Kate Perry to find out why American dogs are racist. Perry insisted that dogs aren't racist. When Williams Googled why dogs are racists, she found out that computers are racist, too. A CNET reporter told her that's not true, either.
Finally, Williams spoke with NYU professor "and hairstyle copycat" Carl Hart, who explained that racism is popping up in strange places because it isn't acceptable anymore to be overtly racist. Stay to the end for Williams' encounter with her racist, futuristic kitchen. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why colleges' insistence on 'diversity' actually fails disadvantaged kids
Subscribe to the Week