- Late Night Antics March 5
Since the election of President Obama, conservatives have been arguing that racism isn't a real problem in America anymore. On Tuesday night's Daily Show, correspondent Jessica Williams celebrated the end of racism... until she learned that police dogs are biting blacks and Latinos at far higher rates than whites. So she spoke with professional dog trainer Kate Perry to find out why American dogs are racist. Perry insisted that dogs aren't racist. When Williams Googled why dogs are racists, she found out that computers are racist, too. A CNET reporter told her that's not true, either.
Finally, Williams spoke with NYU professor "and hairstyle copycat" Carl Hart, who explained that racism is popping up in strange places because it isn't acceptable anymore to be overtly racist. Stay to the end for Williams' encounter with her racist, futuristic kitchen. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
Subscribe to the Week