- Late Night Antics March 5
With categories that include everything from "Best Scared-as-S**t Performance" to "Best Kiss," most people don't think of the MTV Movie Awards as one of the year's most prestigious ceremonies — but don't tell that to Conan O'Brien, who recently announced that he'll host this year's MTV Movie Awards ceremony.
"Sitting here before me are some of the most prestigious awards an artist can receive," says O'Brien. "The Oscar. The Golden Globe. The BAFTA. The Screen Actors' Guild Award. The Peabody Award. And, of course, the Nobel Peace Prize. Ladies and gentlemen, people work their entire lives in an attempt to earn just one of these incredible awards. But if you ask me, they're all GARBAGE. GARBAGE. It's GARBAGE!"
You can tune in to MTV to see O'Brien present the coveted Golden Popcorn to a host of mid-range celebrities on April 13 — as long as you're fine with missing Game of Thrones. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
Subscribe to the Week