- Late Night Antics March 5
With categories that include everything from "Best Scared-as-S**t Performance" to "Best Kiss," most people don't think of the MTV Movie Awards as one of the year's most prestigious ceremonies — but don't tell that to Conan O'Brien, who recently announced that he'll host this year's MTV Movie Awards ceremony.
"Sitting here before me are some of the most prestigious awards an artist can receive," says O'Brien. "The Oscar. The Golden Globe. The BAFTA. The Screen Actors' Guild Award. The Peabody Award. And, of course, the Nobel Peace Prize. Ladies and gentlemen, people work their entire lives in an attempt to earn just one of these incredible awards. But if you ask me, they're all GARBAGE. GARBAGE. It's GARBAGE!"
You can tune in to MTV to see O'Brien present the coveted Golden Popcorn to a host of mid-range celebrities on April 13 — as long as you're fine with missing Game of Thrones. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- How I lost all my money
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How computers will replace your doctor
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week