- Late Night Antics March 5
With categories that include everything from "Best Scared-as-S**t Performance" to "Best Kiss," most people don't think of the MTV Movie Awards as one of the year's most prestigious ceremonies — but don't tell that to Conan O'Brien, who recently announced that he'll host this year's MTV Movie Awards ceremony.
"Sitting here before me are some of the most prestigious awards an artist can receive," says O'Brien. "The Oscar. The Golden Globe. The BAFTA. The Screen Actors' Guild Award. The Peabody Award. And, of course, the Nobel Peace Prize. Ladies and gentlemen, people work their entire lives in an attempt to earn just one of these incredible awards. But if you ask me, they're all GARBAGE. GARBAGE. It's GARBAGE!"
You can tune in to MTV to see O'Brien present the coveted Golden Popcorn to a host of mid-range celebrities on April 13 — as long as you're fine with missing Game of Thrones. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 18, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week