- Coming Soon March 5
The film industry won't rest until everything you loved in your childhood gets a garish big-screen makeover — so the upcoming Paddington movie, based on author Michael Bond's marmalade-loving bear of the same name, has the stink of inevitability about it.
You can probably guess most of the details of the Paddington movie yourself. In the proud tradition of movies like Garfield, The Smurfs, and Alvin and the Chipmunks, Paddington will be a computer-generated bear voiced by Colin Firth. His adventures will take place in a real-world setting populated by slumming English actors like Hugh Bonneville, Sally Hawkins, and Jim Broadbent.
U.S. viewers can check out Paddington in theaters on December 12 — or, you know, just stay in and read the Paddington books to their kids. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 7 common estate-planning mistakes
Subscribe to the Week