- Coming Soon March 5
The film industry won't rest until everything you loved in your childhood gets a garish big-screen makeover — so the upcoming Paddington movie, based on author Michael Bond's marmalade-loving bear of the same name, has the stink of inevitability about it.
You can probably guess most of the details of the Paddington movie yourself. In the proud tradition of movies like Garfield, The Smurfs, and Alvin and the Chipmunks, Paddington will be a computer-generated bear voiced by Colin Firth. His adventures will take place in a real-world setting populated by slumming English actors like Hugh Bonneville, Sally Hawkins, and Jim Broadbent.
U.S. viewers can check out Paddington in theaters on December 12 — or, you know, just stay in and read the Paddington books to their kids. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
Subscribe to the Week