- Coming Soon March 5
The film industry won't rest until everything you loved in your childhood gets a garish big-screen makeover — so the upcoming Paddington movie, based on author Michael Bond's marmalade-loving bear of the same name, has the stink of inevitability about it.
You can probably guess most of the details of the Paddington movie yourself. In the proud tradition of movies like Garfield, The Smurfs, and Alvin and the Chipmunks, Paddington will be a computer-generated bear voiced by Colin Firth. His adventures will take place in a real-world setting populated by slumming English actors like Hugh Bonneville, Sally Hawkins, and Jim Broadbent.
U.S. viewers can check out Paddington in theaters on December 12 — or, you know, just stay in and read the Paddington books to their kids. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 10 things you need to know today: November 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Don't change a thing: 8 inventions that never needed updating
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week