- This is a big deal March 5
Doctors at an AIDS conference in Boston on Wednesday announced that a second child born with the AIDS virus may now be in remission after undergoing an intense drug treatment almost immediately after birth. The announcement, which raises hopes of finding a cure for all patients with AIDS, comes after scientists last year claimed to have achieved the same result in another baby by administering a similar, early treatment.
Read more on the story from the Associated Press here.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week