- Noted March 6
On Wednesday, Washington State's Liquor Control Board issued the state's first recreational marijuana growing license to 32-year-old ganjapreneur Sean Green. Green — and yes, that's his real name — already runs medical marijuana dispensaries in Spokane and Shoreline, and he plans to use his first-past-the-post grower's license to open a 21,000-square-foot facility in Spokane. Washington won't allow non-medical pot sales until this summer, but Green got a leg up on his 7,000-plus competitors by following the rules. He "hustled as if he was competing at Sochi," liquor board member Ruthann Kurose tells The Seattle Times.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
When Americans banned Christmas
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week