- Noted March 6
On Wednesday, Washington State's Liquor Control Board issued the state's first recreational marijuana growing license to 32-year-old ganjapreneur Sean Green. Green — and yes, that's his real name — already runs medical marijuana dispensaries in Spokane and Shoreline, and he plans to use his first-past-the-post grower's license to open a 21,000-square-foot facility in Spokane. Washington won't allow non-medical pot sales until this summer, but Green got a leg up on his 7,000-plus competitors by following the rules. He "hustled as if he was competing at Sochi," liquor board member Ruthann Kurose tells The Seattle Times.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Surviving a plane crash
- The demagoguery of Ted Cruz and his cheerleaders in the conservative media
Subscribe to the Week