- Finally March 6
Coming to a nightstand near you: Oscar Mayer presents an app and iPhone dongle sure to make you wake up and smell the bacon.
Available only through a contest on the company's website, bacon enthusiasts can try to win one of the limited-edition dongles, which release the sizzling scent as a user's iPhone alarm sounds. The brainchild of Oscar Mayer's Institute for the Advancement of Bacon (which is an actual thing), the contest is all in good fun, as evidenced by the breathless, overdramatic video, below.
"Embrace the sizzle," says our bearded narrator in hushed tones. "At darkest midnight, the nostril's North Star awaits you!"
If only Michael Scott had been able to enter such a contest, perhaps the tragic George Foreman grill accident could have been averted. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
Subscribe to the Week