- Finally March 6
Coming to a nightstand near you: Oscar Mayer presents an app and iPhone dongle sure to make you wake up and smell the bacon.
Available only through a contest on the company's website, bacon enthusiasts can try to win one of the limited-edition dongles, which release the sizzling scent as a user's iPhone alarm sounds. The brainchild of Oscar Mayer's Institute for the Advancement of Bacon (which is an actual thing), the contest is all in good fun, as evidenced by the breathless, overdramatic video, below.
"Embrace the sizzle," says our bearded narrator in hushed tones. "At darkest midnight, the nostril's North Star awaits you!"
If only Michael Scott had been able to enter such a contest, perhaps the tragic George Foreman grill accident could have been averted. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week