- Coming Soon March 6
Jimi Hendrix fans have been eagerly anticipating All Is by My Side, an upcoming biopic about the legendary musician, for over a year — but other than a special screening at the Toronto International Film Festival last year, actual footage from the film has been maddeningly elusive. Fortunately, in advance of an upcoming South by Southwest screening, a brief clip from All Is by My Side has finally been released for Hendrix fans to pore over.
All Is by My Side stars Andre Benjamin (a.k.a. Outkast's Andre 3000) as Hendrix. Based on this clip, Benjamin seems to have captured Hendrix's distinctive, laconic drawl. "It's still crazy to me. All these acts are gonna be on stage: Simon and Garfunkel, Otis Redding, Janis Joplin..." he says to costar Imogen Poots, playing Linda Keith, in the clip. It's a brief but intriguing glimpse of a long-overdue biopic that's sure to whet appetites for the final product — whenever it finally hits theaters. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week