- Coming Soon March 6
Jimi Hendrix fans have been eagerly anticipating All Is by My Side, an upcoming biopic about the legendary musician, for over a year — but other than a special screening at the Toronto International Film Festival last year, actual footage from the film has been maddeningly elusive. Fortunately, in advance of an upcoming South by Southwest screening, a brief clip from All Is by My Side has finally been released for Hendrix fans to pore over.
All Is by My Side stars Andre Benjamin (a.k.a. Outkast's Andre 3000) as Hendrix. Based on this clip, Benjamin seems to have captured Hendrix's distinctive, laconic drawl. "It's still crazy to me. All these acts are gonna be on stage: Simon and Garfunkel, Otis Redding, Janis Joplin..." he says to costar Imogen Poots, playing Linda Keith, in the clip. It's a brief but intriguing glimpse of a long-overdue biopic that's sure to whet appetites for the final product — whenever it finally hits theaters. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week