- we dare you to eat it March 6
Cronuts are so 2013. So Dominique Ansel, the French chef who created the doughnut/croissant monstrosity, has invented the Chocolate Chip Cookie Milk Shot. Think of it as a completely impractical way for you to receive your daily dose of calcium in a crumby container that your sister is going to stand hours in line for.
The "shot" is formed using extra-aerated cookie dough so Ansel can mold it into a glass while maintaining its crispiness. The treat is going to make its public debut at this weekend's South By Southwest Festival in Austin because why not? No word if the long lines of people waiting to try it are going to expand to other cities. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
Subscribe to the Week