- we dare you to eat it March 6
Cronuts are so 2013. So Dominique Ansel, the French chef who created the doughnut/croissant monstrosity, has invented the Chocolate Chip Cookie Milk Shot. Think of it as a completely impractical way for you to receive your daily dose of calcium in a crumby container that your sister is going to stand hours in line for.
The "shot" is formed using extra-aerated cookie dough so Ansel can mold it into a glass while maintaining its crispiness. The treat is going to make its public debut at this weekend's South By Southwest Festival in Austin because why not? No word if the long lines of people waiting to try it are going to expand to other cities. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
Subscribe to the Week