- we dare you to eat it March 6
Cronuts are so 2013. So Dominique Ansel, the French chef who created the doughnut/croissant monstrosity, has invented the Chocolate Chip Cookie Milk Shot. Think of it as a completely impractical way for you to receive your daily dose of calcium in a crumby container that your sister is going to stand hours in line for.
The "shot" is formed using extra-aerated cookie dough so Ansel can mold it into a glass while maintaining its crispiness. The treat is going to make its public debut at this weekend's South By Southwest Festival in Austin because why not? No word if the long lines of people waiting to try it are going to expand to other cities. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
Subscribe to the Week