- we dare you to eat it March 6
Cronuts are so 2013. So Dominique Ansel, the French chef who created the doughnut/croissant monstrosity, has invented the Chocolate Chip Cookie Milk Shot. Think of it as a completely impractical way for you to receive your daily dose of calcium in a crumby container that your sister is going to stand hours in line for.
The "shot" is formed using extra-aerated cookie dough so Ansel can mold it into a glass while maintaining its crispiness. The treat is going to make its public debut at this weekend's South By Southwest Festival in Austin because why not? No word if the long lines of people waiting to try it are going to expand to other cities. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week