- The Rich Are Different March 6
There are several conventional ways to combat climate change, like taking public transportation or turning your lights off when you leave the house. But famed designer Vivienne Westwood is anything but conventional, so she is doing something different: She shaved off her distinctive fiery red hair.
Westwood's new 'do made its debut last weekend during Paris Fashion Week. The Telegraph obtained a comment from her fashion label's spokesperson:
"Vivienne cut her hair as we must all wake up to Climate Change. And secondly she wanted to cut the red out for a while and have it white — to show she's proud of her age."
We're just going to take shorter showers... --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week