- The Rich Are Different March 6
There are several conventional ways to combat climate change, like taking public transportation or turning your lights off when you leave the house. But famed designer Vivienne Westwood is anything but conventional, so she is doing something different: She shaved off her distinctive fiery red hair.
Westwood's new 'do made its debut last weekend during Paris Fashion Week. The Telegraph obtained a comment from her fashion label's spokesperson:
"Vivienne cut her hair as we must all wake up to Climate Change. And secondly she wanted to cut the red out for a while and have it white — to show she's proud of her age."
We're just going to take shorter showers... --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week