- The Rich Are Different March 6
There are several conventional ways to combat climate change, like taking public transportation or turning your lights off when you leave the house. But famed designer Vivienne Westwood is anything but conventional, so she is doing something different: She shaved off her distinctive fiery red hair.
Westwood's new 'do made its debut last weekend during Paris Fashion Week. The Telegraph obtained a comment from her fashion label's spokesperson:
"Vivienne cut her hair as we must all wake up to Climate Change. And secondly she wanted to cut the red out for a while and have it white — to show she's proud of her age."
We're just going to take shorter showers... --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week