- If you like your Republic... March 7
Here's a popular argument from opponents of the Affordable Care Act: America has the best health-care system in the world, and ObamaCare is going to ruin it. On Thursday night's Daily Show, Aasif Mandvi decided to put that theory to the test.
First, Mandvi talked with Fox Business commentator Todd Wilemon, who warned that ObamaCare will not only ruin America's No. 1 health-care system but will also slowly sink the country to third-world status. That's the kind of dare The Daily Show can't pass up, so Mandvi traveled to "a region rife with poverty" with Stan Brock, founder of Remote Area Medical, a charity that has parachuted teams of doctors into remote regions of Africa and South America for 30 years. The joke starts as soon as Mandvi's helicopter lands, and it doesn't end until Wilemon is rendered speechless. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week