- Coming Soon March 7
With less than a month until Captain America: The Winter Soldier hits theaters, Marvel is kicking its promotional campaign into high gear — and that includes this new, four-minute glimpse of the film, which lets fans follow along with one of the Captain's field operations.
As the leader of an elite team that includes a bevy of top agents and Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow, Captain America spearheads the infiltration of a boat on which S.H.I.E.L.D. agents are being held hostage. It's a high-stakes mission, but the team is capable and seasoned enough that Black Widow has time to rib the Captain about his dating life while bashing in some heads.
Of course, not every mission is that easy. Based on the trailer at the end of this clip (and the fact that this needs to be a feature-length movie), it's safe to assume that the Winter Solider is going to present a significantly higher challenge. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
Subscribe to the Week