- Foreign affairs March 7
The American athletes, though?
They're in Sochi, ready to compete.
Here's former marine Josh Sweeney, who lost both legs in Afghanistan in 2009:
"When I first got out there, the hitting — it was a little scary because you don't really know how to take it. But at the same time, I'd been in a hospital for so long and I'd been cooped up doing rehab... I was ready to take out some frustration... If you hit somebody, you feel a lot better."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
Subscribe to the Week