- Foreign affairs March 7
The American athletes, though?
They're in Sochi, ready to compete.
Here's former marine Josh Sweeney, who lost both legs in Afghanistan in 2009:
"When I first got out there, the hitting — it was a little scary because you don't really know how to take it. But at the same time, I'd been in a hospital for so long and I'd been cooped up doing rehab... I was ready to take out some frustration... If you hit somebody, you feel a lot better."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week