- Foreign affairs March 7
The American athletes, though?
They're in Sochi, ready to compete.
Here's former marine Josh Sweeney, who lost both legs in Afghanistan in 2009:
"When I first got out there, the hitting — it was a little scary because you don't really know how to take it. But at the same time, I'd been in a hospital for so long and I'd been cooped up doing rehab... I was ready to take out some frustration... If you hit somebody, you feel a lot better."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week