- Foreign affairs March 7
The American athletes, though?
They're in Sochi, ready to compete.
Here's former marine Josh Sweeney, who lost both legs in Afghanistan in 2009:
"When I first got out there, the hitting — it was a little scary because you don't really know how to take it. But at the same time, I'd been in a hospital for so long and I'd been cooped up doing rehab... I was ready to take out some frustration... If you hit somebody, you feel a lot better."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week