- Quotables March 8
The Conservative Political Action Conference wrapped up its three-day gathering on Saturday, but not before Rep. Michele Bachmann took some parting shots at Hillary Clinton during her speaking slot.
“We will have a woman president, just the right one,” Bachmann said, adding that the Republican Party is “the only party that had a woman on the presidential ticket this century.”
That woman would be 2008 vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin.
Bachmann also riffed on Clinton’s “reset button” moment with Russia, saying, “they’re busy resetting the boundaries in Ukraine even as we speak,” to loud cheers from the crowd.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
Subscribe to the Week