- Quotables March 8
The Conservative Political Action Conference wrapped up its three-day gathering on Saturday, but not before Rep. Michele Bachmann took some parting shots at Hillary Clinton during her speaking slot.
“We will have a woman president, just the right one,” Bachmann said, adding that the Republican Party is “the only party that had a woman on the presidential ticket this century.”
That woman would be 2008 vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin.
Bachmann also riffed on Clinton’s “reset button” moment with Russia, saying, “they’re busy resetting the boundaries in Ukraine even as we speak,” to loud cheers from the crowd.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
Subscribe to the Week