- Quotables March 8
The Conservative Political Action Conference wrapped up its three-day gathering on Saturday, but not before Rep. Michele Bachmann took some parting shots at Hillary Clinton during her speaking slot.
“We will have a woman president, just the right one,” Bachmann said, adding that the Republican Party is “the only party that had a woman on the presidential ticket this century.”
That woman would be 2008 vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin.
Bachmann also riffed on Clinton’s “reset button” moment with Russia, saying, “they’re busy resetting the boundaries in Ukraine even as we speak,” to loud cheers from the crowd.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
Subscribe to the Week