- Quotables March 8
The Conservative Political Action Conference wrapped up its three-day gathering on Saturday, but not before Rep. Michele Bachmann took some parting shots at Hillary Clinton during her speaking slot.
“We will have a woman president, just the right one,” Bachmann said, adding that the Republican Party is “the only party that had a woman on the presidential ticket this century.”
That woman would be 2008 vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin.
Bachmann also riffed on Clinton’s “reset button” moment with Russia, saying, “they’re busy resetting the boundaries in Ukraine even as we speak,” to loud cheers from the crowd.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- Rise of the machines
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week