- Crime and punishment March 10
Joran van der Sloot, the prime suspect in the death of teenager Natalee Holloway, will finally be extradited to the United States — in 2038. A Peruvian court ruled Sunday that van der Sloot, who is currently serving the second year of a 28-year jail sentence for another murder in Peru, won't be sent to the U.S. until he completes his whole term.
Although the Dutchman hasn't been charged with the Holloway murder, U.S. prosecutors have indicted him on a number of other charges relating to Holloway's 2005 death in Aruba. He's accused of extortion and fraud, including taking $25,000 from Holloway's mother in exchange for information on the whereabouts of her daughter's body. It was never found.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- How the elderly are treated around the world
Subscribe to the Week