- This just in March 10
The Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear a case regarding a school district's proposed ban on breast cancer awareness bracelets bearing the slogan, "I Heart Boobies." Without comment, the high court turned away an appeal from the Eaton School District, meaning a lower court's ruling preventing the district from disciplining any student for wearing the bracelets will remain in effect.
Back in 2010, a Pennsylvania middle school suspended two girls for wearing the bracelets, which are sold through the Keep a Breast Foundation ahead of Breast Cancer Awareness Day. Claiming freedom of speech, the girls (through their parents) sued the district and won.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week