- This just in March 10
The Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear a case regarding a school district's proposed ban on breast cancer awareness bracelets bearing the slogan, "I Heart Boobies." Without comment, the high court turned away an appeal from the Eaton School District, meaning a lower court's ruling preventing the district from disciplining any student for wearing the bracelets will remain in effect.
Back in 2010, a Pennsylvania middle school suspended two girls for wearing the bracelets, which are sold through the Keep a Breast Foundation ahead of Breast Cancer Awareness Day. Claiming freedom of speech, the girls (through their parents) sued the district and won.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week