- This just in March 10
The Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear a case regarding a school district's proposed ban on breast cancer awareness bracelets bearing the slogan, "I Heart Boobies." Without comment, the high court turned away an appeal from the Eaton School District, meaning a lower court's ruling preventing the district from disciplining any student for wearing the bracelets will remain in effect.
Back in 2010, a Pennsylvania middle school suspended two girls for wearing the bracelets, which are sold through the Keep a Breast Foundation ahead of Breast Cancer Awareness Day. Claiming freedom of speech, the girls (through their parents) sued the district and won.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- How to make corn dogs
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week