- This just in March 10
The Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear a case regarding a school district's proposed ban on breast cancer awareness bracelets bearing the slogan, "I Heart Boobies." Without comment, the high court turned away an appeal from the Eaton School District, meaning a lower court's ruling preventing the district from disciplining any student for wearing the bracelets will remain in effect.
Back in 2010, a Pennsylvania middle school suspended two girls for wearing the bracelets, which are sold through the Keep a Breast Foundation ahead of Breast Cancer Awareness Day. Claiming freedom of speech, the girls (through their parents) sued the district and won.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week