- Foreign affairs March 11
Russia's Kremlin-financed cable news channel RT America has faced some dramatic blowback over its coverage of Russia's military occupation of Ukraine's Crimea province. But RT isn't the only government-run broadcaster putting its own stamp on the Crimea situation. Here's how Iran's state-owned English news service Press TV is covering Ukraine:
If you're wondering, the American guest who advocates impeaching President Obama before he nukes Russia to avert America's financial collapse is Mike Billington, an author and longtime active member of the Lyndon LaRouche movement who served 12 years in prison for what he claims were politically motivated reasons (prosecutors say he bilked old people out of $1.24 million).
Iran is a Russian ally. But even head-scarfed newscaster Kaneez Fatima seems uncomfortable with Billington's commentary.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week