- Good luck with that March 11
The New York Mets' creatively named mascot, Mr. Met, joined Twitter Monday, and if his early digital musings are any indication, he's as bad at utilizing social media as the Mets are at playing baseball.
Uio’m ion ryTwittesr! pic.twitter.com/2u2TKwK5hd— Mr. Met (@MrMet) March 10, 2014
Sorry everyone, my fingers are too big. What I meant was “I’m on Twitter!” pic.twitter.com/4ZI84Oiw77— Mr. Met (@MrMet) March 10, 2014
But while Mr. Met was just figuring out how to use the social media platform, Kansas City Royals mascot Sluggerrr [sic] was already trolling him about his female companion, Mrs. Met.
Sadly, the Mets and Royals will not play each other this year.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- America's most surprising banned books
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
Subscribe to the Week