- Good luck with that March 11
The New York Mets' creatively named mascot, Mr. Met, joined Twitter Monday, and if his early digital musings are any indication, he's as bad at utilizing social media as the Mets are at playing baseball.
Uio’m ion ryTwittesr! pic.twitter.com/2u2TKwK5hd— Mr. Met (@MrMet) March 10, 2014
Sorry everyone, my fingers are too big. What I meant was “I’m on Twitter!” pic.twitter.com/4ZI84Oiw77— Mr. Met (@MrMet) March 10, 2014
But while Mr. Met was just figuring out how to use the social media platform, Kansas City Royals mascot Sluggerrr [sic] was already trolling him about his female companion, Mrs. Met.
Sadly, the Mets and Royals will not play each other this year.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
Subscribe to the Week