- The Fate of Civilization March 11
Some nights, you're just relaxing at home in Portland, hanging out with your baby and family dog, and then the next thing you know, bam! Everyone's locked in the bedroom, held hostage by Lux, your "hostile," 22-pound Himalayan cat.
What to do? Lee Palmer called 911 and asked the dispatcher to send help.
"He's trying to attack us," Palmer told the dispatcher. "He's at our door; he's charging us."
Lux had scratched Palmer's 7-month-old son, and the cat's owner said the Himalayan has a "history of violence."
Police did indeed come to the rescue, using a dog snare to take down Lux. You can listen to the 911 call via The Oregonian. --Sarah Eberspacher
Lux. | (AP Photo/Lee Palmer)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- Painting the universe's portrait
Subscribe to the Week