- Watch this March 11
Don't count talking head Bill O'Reilly as one of Beyoncé's billions of fans. Last night, the Fox News anchor rattled his cane, complaining to guest Russell Simmons about the pop diva's new music video for "Partition." O'Reilly doesn't care for the sensual song (surprise!), which he says "glorifies" having sex in the back of a limousine (with her husband, mind you).
O'Reilly went on:
"Teenage girls look up to Beyoncé, particularly girls of color... Why on Earth would this woman do that? Why would she do it when she knows the devastation that unwanted pregnancies... and fractured families — why would Beyoncé do that?"
Simmons tried bring the interview back from the deep end, but O'Reilly was having none of it:
"I believe an entertainer like Beyoncé and a mogul like you have an obligation to protect children. Not put out exploitive garbage that you know harms impressionable children."
Watch the full meltdown below. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
Subscribe to the Week