- Watch this March 11
Don't count talking head Bill O'Reilly as one of Beyoncé's billions of fans. Last night, the Fox News anchor rattled his cane, complaining to guest Russell Simmons about the pop diva's new music video for "Partition." O'Reilly doesn't care for the sensual song (surprise!), which he says "glorifies" having sex in the back of a limousine (with her husband, mind you).
O'Reilly went on:
"Teenage girls look up to Beyoncé, particularly girls of color... Why on Earth would this woman do that? Why would she do it when she knows the devastation that unwanted pregnancies... and fractured families — why would Beyoncé do that?"
Simmons tried bring the interview back from the deep end, but O'Reilly was having none of it:
"I believe an entertainer like Beyoncé and a mogul like you have an obligation to protect children. Not put out exploitive garbage that you know harms impressionable children."
Watch the full meltdown below. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week