- Watch this March 11
Don't count talking head Bill O'Reilly as one of Beyoncé's billions of fans. Last night, the Fox News anchor rattled his cane, complaining to guest Russell Simmons about the pop diva's new music video for "Partition." O'Reilly doesn't care for the sensual song (surprise!), which he says "glorifies" having sex in the back of a limousine (with her husband, mind you).
O'Reilly went on:
"Teenage girls look up to Beyoncé, particularly girls of color... Why on Earth would this woman do that? Why would she do it when she knows the devastation that unwanted pregnancies... and fractured families — why would Beyoncé do that?"
Simmons tried bring the interview back from the deep end, but O'Reilly was having none of it:
"I believe an entertainer like Beyoncé and a mogul like you have an obligation to protect children. Not put out exploitive garbage that you know harms impressionable children."
Watch the full meltdown below. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How to live a long life, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Yes, the Federal Reserve is politicized — and that's a good thing
Subscribe to the Week