- Late Night Antics March 12
On Tuesday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart had a gift for history geeks. In a game show he called "The Weakest Lincoln," Stewart pitted guest Judge Andrew Napolitano against Abraham Lincoln (played by Jessica Williams) in a duel of Civil War trivia judged by actual academic historians. The segment was clearly devised as a way to politely truth-squad Napolitano, a Fox News contributor and Lincoln critic, but that doesn't make it any less funny or interesting. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Subscribe to the Week